From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-01 10:29:39

Hi,

I have VC++ 7.1 and VC++ 8.0 installed on my laptop.
I'd like to use Boost with both VC++.

So, as I understand I need to build Boost twice, with VC++ 7.1
and with VC++ 8.0. Documentation does not say anything about such case.

Now, the question is, should I install both targets to separate
directories (different --prefix, e.g. C:\Boost-vc-8.0 and
C:\Boost-vc-7.1) or can I install then in common dir C:\Boost ?

AFAIK, libs names include toolset name e.g.
libboost_date_time-vc71-mt-gdp.lib
                   ^^^^^

So, I suppose I can install both targets into common place and I'll have
following files in C:\Boost\lib:

libboost_date_time-vc71-mt-gdp.lib
and
libboost_date_time-vc80-mt-gdp.lib

Are my assumptions correct?
Or it's more recommended to install separate targets (builds made with
different toolsets) to separate folders?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

--
Mateusz Łoskot