From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-01 17:26:04

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, I'm not sure but may be build system from Boost 1.33.1 does
>> not work well with VC++ 8.0.
>

> It should... Did you use "-sTOOLS=vc-8_0" both times? As that's what
> it uses to determine the "vc80" tag.

Yes, in both cases of building Boost 1.33.1 and latest CVS I'm sure in
100% I used vc-8_0.
I also executed script:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat
as well as set VC80_ROOT variable (I'm not sure if this last step is
required).

After short investigation I revealed that when I was compiling Boost
1.33.1 with MSVC++ 8.0 I had set BOOST_ROOT variable pointing to Boost
compiled with VC++ 7.1 - C:\Boost.
Also INCLUDE env was set with c:\Boost\include\boost-1_33_1 path and LIB
was set with c:\Boost\lib.

I'm not sure if those env variables affected my first try to build Boost
with VC++ 8.0, so I got libs names with *-vc71-*.

Cheers

--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net