From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-01 23:51:39

"Mateusz Loskot" <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi,

Hi, Mateusz

> I'm trying to understand and use Boost Unit Test Framework
> in my project.
> First, I did clean checkout from CVS and
> I did complete build of Boost using VC++ 8.0.
>
> Next, I started to learn Boost UTF from examples provided.
> I created clean project with VC++ 8.0 and added first example
> (boost\libs\test\example\unit_test_example_01.cpp).
> I compiled and run it without any problems and I got results as expected.
>
> There is only one thing I can't explain why I had not to add
> library (e.g. libboost_unit_test_framework-vc80-mt-1_34.lib) to link
> with. VC++ did not complain about missing libraries or unresolved
> symbols. OK, magic :-)

This is an autolinking in use. Get the latest docs from cvs and read
compilation instruction for UTF. There is section there covering it now.

> Then, I tried to run rest of examples, unit_test_example_02.cpp
> and unit_test_example_03.cpp, as explained above.
> And here comes my problems I noticed with unit_test_example_02
> and unit_test_example_03.
> When I try to run compiled example from unit_test_example_02.cpp I get
> memory leaks detected:

[...] // problem decription skipped.

I couldn't explain what you are expiriencing. Just one suggestion: make sure
you link with proper library. Autolinking inforce proper name. Try to
disable it (define BOOST_TEST_NO_LIB) and name library explicetly.

> Also, I tried to debug UTF example 02 and 03 when they dumped memory
> leaks and I revealed that there are exceptions thrown in lines supposed
> to be catched by Boost Test Framework:

Boost.Test detects that you are running under debugger and don't try to
catch level system errors, so that you could see message from debugger and
analize stack.

> Huh! That's the end of my long story :)
> I'd be very thankful for any help how to solve this problem, especially
> with "original" UTF library created by bjam. How to make it working?

I will try it myself tommorow.

> Please, be placable as I'm a Boost.Test newbie. I searched through
> Boost.Test docs and lists archives but I still can not solve my problem.

Don't rely on docs yet. I am working on an update.

> Thanks in advance for your help
> Cheers
> --
> Mateusz Loskot