From: Calderon Hector (hhcalderon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-02 14:32:24

Great. At least I can ensure that my processes won't colide. Since nobody else will be using the files generated by my processes, I'm safe.

Now, I can focus on the second part of my post: How can I lower the priority of a thread created by boost::thread.

Thanks again,

++Hector C.

Delfin Rojas <drojas_at_[hidden]> wrote: > Calderon Hector wrote

> Yep, 'across processes' is a better description than 'system-wide'

Well, there is no boost library for synchronization between processes yet.
However there is a new library that has just been accepted and it seems to
provide inter-process mutexes but I am not familiar with it. You can take a
look at the aproval summary at
http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2006/02/0083.php and go to the

Good luck,

-delfin