From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-06 05:49:29

> Is there a Boost policy on resolving conflicts between Boost behavior
> and the TR1 spec? As an example, std::tr1::is_base_of<T, T> returns
> true, but boost::is_base_of<T, T> returns false. Changing Boost
> behavior would presumably break existing code, but failing to
> implement TR1 semantics is likely to be confusing/surprising to many.

That particular trait was changed to TR1 conformance last November:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/boost/type_traits/is_base_of.hpp

I don't think that change has seen a release yet though.

> My understanding is that Boost is committed to bringing its TR1-like
> libraries into conformance with TR1, but it'd be helpful if people
> who follow Boost more closely than I could confirm that.

Yes, generally libraries have been tracking TR1. The Boost.TR1 docs
document any incompatibilies that are currently known about (see
http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/boost_tr1.html),
no doubt wider use of TR1 components will detect others, but that's life.

John.