From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-07 08:01:46

Karim,

  "Karim Bakir" <rimbak_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:002701c64164$abd02dc0$02654252_at_k9ce1ea559da84...
  Hi ,

  I have a problem,

  I download boost,

  I followed the steps on www.boost .org

  so first I build jam to obtain jam.exe, I copy it in my directorie where I installed boost.

  I run Msdos, I run VCVARS32 to set the environement of vc++

  after I execute : bjam "-sTOOLS=msvc" install

  It compiles , however I have many errors and failed.

  At the end , It has copied in a directory boost include... the include , and the . lib. But I don't have all the libs
  I have the following message:

  ...failed updating 82 targets...
  ...skipped 60 targets...
  ...updated 4598 targets...

You'll get better responses here if you use a subject appropriate to your issue, and do not reply to unrelated topics. Also please post using plain text.

You can generally download a pre-built bjam.exe for you platform, in particular windows, which is implied in your post. You do _not_ need to run vcvars32 if your MSVC is installed in the default location as listed on the boost getting started page.

Can we assume you download boost_1_33_1? What were the errors? What .libs didn't build? Are you aware that many boost libraries are header-only libraries and do not get compiled into .libs?

Jeff Flinn