From: RIVASSEAU Jean Noel (JN.RIVASSEAU_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-10 04:04:19

Hi Joaquin

Jean-Noël, maybe you can try using the proposed patch at

and report your results. I've got the hunch your problem might

be related to the issue dealt with at that post.

Joaquín M López Muñoz

Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

I replied to this, but did not hear from you again... Here was my reply below:

At this url, I have found two hpp files. I replaced the ones that originally came with the Boost 1.3.1 distribution with these ones.

I still have an error, at the same line, however it is:

C:/Boost/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/archive/detail/iserializer.hpp:115: error: no type named `type' in `struct boost::serialization::type_info_implementation<std::vector<MemberVariableSpecification*, std::allocator<MemberVariableSpecification*> > >'

C:/Boost/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/archive/detail/iserializer.hpp:115: error: `get_instance' is not a member of `<declaration error>'

While it was:

C:/Boost/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/archive/detail/iserializer.hpp:115: error: incomplete type `boost::serialization::extended_type_info_null<std::vector<MemberVariableSpecification*, std::allocator<MemberVariableSpecification*> > >' used in nested name specifier

with the original code from Boost 1.33.1. So this patch effectively changed something, but it still not working. I've not read the entire thread at your url since I did not understand it (it was about a specific compiler issue ??).

Any ideas?

Jean-Noël