From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-10 14:19:42

Hi Jean-Noël

> First and most important: Is it possible to *ask* the state machine
> to go from a state A to a state B *automatically* ??
>

> I mean, I am in state A. I need to go to State B, but I cannot go
> straight from A to B, I must go first through state C, D, E and
> finally B for example. Can the library automatically compute a path
> and generate the correct transitions (event)??

Hmmm, at first that sounds more like a BGL problem than one for the
statechart library. What you describe above is easy to do with an
appropriately designed state machine but I'm not sure it would be the
right abstraction. For what real-world problem do you plan to use
Statechart?

> When a transition is executed (automatically, or explicitely), can I
> call a function? That is, when an event is processed, can I implement
> some code that will be executed each time an event is processed ?

Yes, that is probably the feature every FSM library supports.

> Ps: Is this the correct place to discuss Boost Statechart, since it
> is not yet part of the official Boost package (distribution) ?

Yes.

HTH & Regards,

--
Andreas Huber