From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-12 12:54:11

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 02:58:59PM -0800, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Of course if your company wants to hire me to add this, that
> might change the situation somewhat.

My company? I don't even have a job. I'm a full-time
open source programmer, not getting paid a dime for
what I do (all my projects are licensed GPL or QPL etc,
and free for download from sourceforge and the like.
Now before you ask how I make a living: I hardly do, I'm
poor as hell. I understand if you don't have time, but
please realize that I spend WAY more time on free software
than you (...)

> "What is the serialization library"
>
> b) All the code need to construct archives and serializers
> along with useful implementation examples.
>
> Of course it's both. But from my perspective it has to be b). My
> interest now runs to fixing the most arcane bugs, investigating
> performance issues, and improving the documentation to
> make it easier to do the kinds of things you mention.

Ok, that explains why STL iterators aren't supported (yet).
Of course I'm willing to give it a try, but I'll need help.
I'll ask questions on this list in order to be able to
write an implementation; hopefully someone will be able to
answer those questions.

Thanks,
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]>