From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-15 11:09:35

Dear all,

I have a question for the Boost moderators: there seems to be already an STL
extension library for Boost. This is of course great, but why isn't it in
production? It seems to me that this one of the basic libraries and serves
many common needs, like the copy_if request in the development group.

It can almost replace our company private STL extension library except for:
transform_if
is_unique
contains
contains_if
delete_all
delete_if

and container variants of STL algorithms (i.e. for_each(vec, fc) instead of
for_each(vec.begin(), vec.end(), fc). Especially handy for implicit modifying
algorithms like remove etc.)

Further more there was in 2002 a discussion about a sorted vector. Didn't make
it either, which is unfortunate.

Wkr,
me