From: Robert S. Grimes (rsgrimes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-15 14:10:39

Hi,

I'm starting to get the hang of this as I slog through, but it's still a bit
rough! I'm able to derive a new archive from binary_oarchive_impl, but for
some reason, I can't do the same with text_oarchive_impl. Specifically, I
get the following error (from MS Visual C++ 8.0, using Boost 1.33.1):

1>..\rsg_text_oarchive.hpp(24) : error C2649: 'basic_text_oprimitive<class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > >' : is not a
'class'
1> ..\rsg_text_oarchive.hpp(40) : see reference to class template
instantiation 'rsg_text_oarchive_impl<Archive>' being compiled

The similar line in the binary archive works fine. Attached are the two
derived archives in question. All I'm trying to do (at this point) is add a
short header in the constructor; next, I'll want to add a footer in the
destructor.

Thanks!
-Bob