From: Matt England (mengland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-15 19:26:30

What if any system calls exist to get the current process' system memory
usage (including all of the current process' threads)?

I'm trying to write unit tests to make sure that my memory allocation
processes (for Boost "smart pointers) are actually deallocating correctly
after thousands of dynamic allocations...and my presumption is that a
process-memory "self check" thoughout this process will be very useful for
my self-running unit test.

I'd prefer cross-platform calls (be it POSIX, unix/linux, Boost C++,
etc...preferably not win32-specific if I can avoid it, but if I must I
will) if I can get them, but I'll take a system specific all (for my
testing prototype) if I must.

Thanks for any help,
-Matt