From: Andrei Tarassov (andrei.tarassov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-20 11:40:06

Hi!

I am experiencing a problem with integrating boost::regex into one of software projects. The problem is that the project supports a number of old operating systems (such as AIX 4.3.3 and HP-UX 11.00), where full support for functions working with wide characters (wchar_t) does not exist. This causes GCC to be compiled without wstring support.

On the other hand, we do use wchar_t to the extent allowed by these operating systems and find the limited support more or less enough.

Now I tried to integrate wregex in the software, but it just would not compile complaining about missing wstring (and defined BOOST_NO_WREGEX). I tried to make up my own regex character traits class, but this does not seem to help, because some other classes/types (such as sub_match) make use of basic_string<charT>.

Is there any way to bypass the problem?

I could be using the plain-char version of regex, but that causes me problems with determining the position of a match in the original wide-character string (conversion from wchar_t to char could involve some multibyte encoding).

Thanks,

--
ANDREI TARASSOV
Software Engineer III