From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-21 05:27:12

> Hi, I have a newbie question here. I'm trying to use the Boost regex
> in an application, but I keep getting strange errors. How can I
> compile the regex code into a DLL or LIB that I can link to from my
> app -- I'm looking for the path of least resistance here. The
> version is 1.33.1, the platform is VC++ 7.1. The most recent error
> is the following:

I don't really see how you can get that, some questions:

1) Did you build with bjam?
2) Are you letting the regex auto-linking code pick the right lib file for
you? If not why not? This is a common cause of link time errors otherwise.
3) Are you defining any of the regex optional configuration defines in the
lib build, but not in your application? Or vice versa? The lib and your
app must be built with *exactly* the same build options.

Finally: if you are doing something, umm, strange, and you can't track down
the cause of the error, you can always just add the regex source directly to
your application. It's just a bunch of sources after all... one caveat
though: your app will likely be larger than it needs to be if you do this,
unless you prune the sources down to a minimal set.

John.