From: admin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-03-21 12:13:26

>> <snip> Basically I need to know how to convert the result of a
>> regex_token_iterator to a C-style string (don't ask...) that I can
>> display using the old-style printf() function. Can anyone out there
>> give me an idea how to implement such a beast? Thanks in advance.
>
> OK, the regex_token_iterator gives you iterators into the existing string,
> which obviously aren't null-terminated. So you're going to have to call
> the
> str() member of sub_match to get a std::string and then you can use the
> c_ctr() member of that to get a null terminated string: <snip>

Thank you! That's exactly the piece of the puzzle I was missing -- using
the str() member of sub_match.

> Frankly you would be better off rewriting the
> output routine to accept iterators, at least your code would be
> const-correct then :-)

I hear what you're saying about the output routine, but I'm actually
writing a few small tools to interact with some older commercial software
that exposes a bunch of old C style interfaces -- so I end up having to
use C-style strings and old C style coding for everything.

Thanks again!