From: David Klein (d.klein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-29 06:44:17

boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> Is there any way that, using Boost, you can dynamically create
>> classes by name, similar to the MFC RUNTIME_CLASS macros? I was
>> hoping that the boost::serialize libs might be able to help with
>> this.
>>
>> For example, I want to be able to do something like:
>>
>> CMyClass* pClass = CREATE_CLASS_BY_NAME("CMyClass");
>>
>> Can Boost help me to achieve this?

> hi rob,
>
> i guess you're looking for some kind of reflection library.
> there is none so far in boost, but there were some proposals in the
> past.
>
> see: http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2006/01/99686.php
>
> HTH dave

oh well, i just read about MFC's RUNTIME_CLASS and it seems more like a
factory than a
whole reflection library. there used to be an implementation of a
generic factory class
in the old boost vault on sourceforge. but i couldn't find it in the new
one.
maybe someone can upload it again?

sorry for the noise before.