From: Nico Galoppo (nico_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-29 17:07:54

Hi,

what kind of object does boost::bind return when binding to a class member
variable ? (as opposed to a member method). Is it a function object too?

More in particular, I would like to write a generic free function that applies
an operation on a particular member variable, passed in with boost::bind.
Something like this:

struct A {
  int value;
};

void f(bind_return_type& membervar)
{
   membervar = 3;
}

A a;
f(bind(&A::value, a));

Thanks.

--nico

--
nico galoppo von borries     |  address: 105 creel st., chapel hill
comp. graphics phd. student  |           north carolina, 27516 USA