From: James Hughes (JHughes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-30 05:58:12

Some more information on this...

Looking at the headers that give the error, there appears to be an issue
with the result types returned from parsers....

boost/spirit/core/parser.hpp

template <typename DerivedT>
    struct parser
    {
        typedef DerivedT embed_t;
        typedef DerivedT derived_t;
        typedef plain_parser_category parser_category_t;

        template <typename ScannerT>
        struct result
        {
            typedef typename match_result<ScannerT, nil_t>::type type;
        };

boost/spirit/core/primitives/numerics.hpp

struct sign_parser : public parser<sign_parser>
    {
        typedef sign_parser self_t;

        template <typename ScannerT>
        struct result
        {
            typedef typename match_result<ScannerT, bool>::type type;
        };

The derived sign_parser class appears to want to 'override' the base class
struct result, but instead the compiler is giving an error. This would
appear to be a compiler fault, but I could be way off there - depends
whether this compiles in other circumstances!! I am still at loss to fix
this so all help gratefully received!

James