From: Mateusz £oskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-02 09:46:23

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:
> "Mateusz £oskot" wrote:
>
>> Today, I tried to extract smart pointers library from Boost tree
>> using bcp tool.
>
>> 3. I run bcp --cvs --list to see how many files are related to
>> smart_ptr.hpp (and shared_ptr.hpp too).
>>
>> My only question is if this is normal that smart_ptr extraction
>> weight is about 2.8MB ? Are there any options that can be used to
>> make this package smaller?
>>

> bcp tool is very pessimistic and errs on safety side.

I can understand the first point, but what does "errs on safety side"
mean exactly?
Are you trying to say using bcp is not recommended because it may be not
safe (for some reason) and I should avoid it?

> You may manually remove files that are not needed by trial and error
> method (compilers/platforms/ possibly locking code/possibly
> preprocessor code).

Yup, I'm going to do it that way.

> However majority of these files just takes space on disk and does not
> increase compilation time/runtime overhead - the pruning may not be
> worth of the effort.

Yes, I know, but I'm just asking to understand it.

Cheers

--
Mateusz £oskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net