From: John Reid (john.reid_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-03 11:09:39

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> What this means is, if you've got elements a,b and its corresponding
> deserialized equivalents a',b', then a<b must yield the same value
> (true or false) as a'<b' --assuming it is operator< that is used for sorting
> the index, which is the case if identity<element> is the key and
> the default sorting criterion is used.

Ok thanks, that makes sense. I should have read that.

My value_type has a data member that is a pointer to an object of an
abstract class. I would like one index to be sorted by the addresses of
these objects. There seems no way to do this and have direct
serialisation of the multi_index container. Can you confirm? Maybe I'm
missing something. Is there a reason why the serialisation
implementation does not recalculate the indices on the fly?

Thanks for your response,
John.