From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-03 11:59:07

If BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT is used, the class name is included as an attribute in
the xml file.

Otherwise, the class_id variable - another xml attribute is used. This is
set/recovered by the
"registration" process.

Each way of doing this bookkeeping has its disadvantages and advantages.
Read the documentation
for further details.

Robert Ramey

"t.sammoud" <t.sammoud_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
Hi all,
I'm trying to reuse XML archives for some purpose. I'm serializing an array
of pointers to a base class (let's call it A) containing pointers to derived
classes (let's call them B and C).
I'm wondering how does Boost distinguish between class types (A, B and
C)when deserializing from the XML archive? (Is there any information in the
XML archive or elsewhere giving the class name of the serialized object?)

Regards

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 /mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34/mn)