From: Cheok Yan Cheng (yccheok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-03 22:54:54

Hello all,

I just download boost 1.33.1 and I am building using
VC++ 7.1.

I am a bit confused on the directory structure of
serialization library

(1)
\bin\boost\libs\serialization\build\libboost_serialization.lib
\bin\boost\libs\serialization\build\libboost_wserialization.lib

May I know the differences among
libboost_serialization.lib and
libboost_wserialization.lib directory? What is the
meaning of 'w'?

(2)
\bin\boost\libs\serialization\build\libboost_serialization.lib
\bin\boost\libs\serialization\build\boost_serialization.dll

First, I thought libboost_serialization.lib are mean
for static library, boost_serialization.dll are mean
for dynamic library.

However, inside the libboost_serialization.lib
directory, they are further divided into

libboost_serialization.lib\vc-7_1\release\runtime-link-static\threading-multi
libboost_serialization.lib\vc-7_1\release\threading-multi
<---- (Does this mean this is a dynamic library since
it doesn't contains runtime-link-static??? How about
boost_serialization.dll)

Thank you very much!