From: Stephen Gross (sgross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-05 13:56:42

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:52:07 -0700
From: "Sohail Somani" <s.somani_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Equation idea (follow-up)
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>

>Because people want to use different types. For example, some systems
may support higher precision for long double.

I think you have a good point on this one... The trick is to find a way to
do it that keeps the client syntax as simple.

>I think most boost users are pretty much power-users (for better or
worse).

Sure, so I guess the question is more like this: If we accept the premise
that the intended users of the toolkit aren't power users, then does it make
sense for boost to include? I think you have a valid point that maybe it's
not appropriate for boost. But at the same time, I figured that since it's
built so directly off of boost, it might be helpful. Then again, maybe the
best place for the equation toolkit is in a different toolkit bundle...?

--Steve