From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-06 13:26:43

Dear users & members of Boost,

I decided to extend the review period of the fast-track review for
Promotion Traits until April 9 because there were only three reviews
until now.
That is, you have another three days to submit your evaluation of the
proposed Boost software.

Cheer up, it's a small & fast-to-track submission! We're very much looking
forward to your reviews.

Download URL
============

    http://cpp-experiment.sourceforge.net/promote-20050917.tar.gz

About the submission
====================

The Promotion Traits extend Boost.TypeTraits with templates that compute the type after promotion has been applied.

Example:

   // given
   template<typename T> struct some_algorithm;
   template<> struct some_algorithm<int> { [...] };
   // [...] more specializations

   // ,

   [...] some_algorithm< typename integral_promotion<T>::type > [...]
   // makes some_algorithm work for any type T that promotes to an integer
   // (that is enums and smaller integral types) without the need for
   // additional specialization

Review questions
================

Please always explicitly state in your review, whether you think the library should be accepted into Boost.

You might want to comment on the following questions:

- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler?
 Did you have any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A
 quick reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

Regards,
Tobias

(Review Manager)