From: Lynn Allan (l_d_allan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-10 15:16:10

From: "Eric Niebler" <eric_at_[hidden]>
> evening, and he asked why C++ didn't have the equivalent of Perl's CPAN
> -- that is, a huge repository of useful code to which anybody can
> submit. No releases. No quality assurance. No reviews. Survival of the
> fittest. Here's a wacky thought: can we turn boost-sandbox into CBAN
> (the Comprehensive Boost Archive Network), and cherry-pick the best
> libraries from CBAN for inclusion in boost? If anybody could make
> something like this fly, it's boost. We'd need to look closely at the
> CPAN model to find out why it's successful.

Something this boost newbie would find valuable would be the equivalent of
codeproject.com (or a Boost section within codeproject ... there is a
section for STL).

http://www.codeproject.com/vcpp/stl/

This might be yet another repository for code examples and "best practices"
that are "peer reviewed" ... and there is certainly as element of "survival
of the fittest".