From: Detlef Mages (mages_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-13 09:18:01

Hi there,

I am using a ptr_list as a (huge) container where I can store objects
(different types of a single interface). I am using a ptr_list as I need to
store iterators to elements that do not invalidate when reordering the
structure. Though a standard function of the STL list is missing: "splice".

I know, I can mimic "splice" by "transfer", though I think that this results
in a runtime complexity of O(N) whereas "splice" would be O(1).

Is there a way to add splice to ptr_list? Or will there be problems I haven't
thought of?

If you give me some hint I could take a shot on this functionality.

Detlef