From: Alain Cormier (alain.work_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-19 09:40:46

So, can I conclude that it is a bad behavior in boost::weak_ptr? For now, I
have simply changed add_ref_lock to :

long tmp2 = tmp + 1;
if(InterlockedCompareExchange ( &use_count_, tmp2, tmp ) == tmp2 - 1 )
return true;

This way, VC6 doesn't optimise the return value of
InterlockedCompareExchange and the disassembly looks ok. Can I expect this
workaround (or any better) in boost in a near future so that weak_ptr truly
work with VC6 in release and multi-threaded environment?

Thank you,

Alain