From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-19 04:03:31

loufoque <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Boris Kolpackov wrote :
>
> > Here is what I know about Xerces-C++ from experience:
> >
> > - Out of all mentioned parsers (expat, libxml2, tinyxml) it is the only
> > validating parser that supports both DTD and XML Schema. I think libxml2
> > supports only DTD and the other two do not support any validation.
>
> libxml2 supports DTD, XMLSchema and RelaxNG.

>From xmlsoft.org:

"A partial implementation of XML Schemas Part 1: Structure is being worked
 on but it would be far too early to make any conformance statement about
 it at the moment."

I think it is great that they are adding support for XML Schema, but
there is a big difference between "being worked on" and "supports".

-boris