From: Louis Lavery (louis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 02:21:10

Daniel Mitchell wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 09:20, Louis Lavery wrote:
>
>>It seems to me the stamp's type should be edges_size_type,
>

> Ideally, but std::size_t works just as well. In fact, edges_size_type is
> almost certainly a typedef std::size_t.

As I understand it, "almost certain" is not sufficient in computing.

>>but that's not available via
>>adjacency_list_traits<EdgeList,VertexList,Directed>. Should it be? Can
>>it be?
>

> It could be, but currently isn't because edges_size_type depends on the
> EdgeListS template parameter of adjacency_list.

If it is possible to know a type that is capable of counting the
number of edges without having to know the type of the edges then
the edges can be labeled via that type. Otherwise labeling the
edges is APITA.

All I really need is a type that is capable of counting the edges.
Is that asking too much?

Thanks, Louis.