From: elviin (elviin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 10:14:58

Hello Boost Users,

OS: Windows XP
Compiler: VS 2005, 8.0.50727.42
Boost: 1.33, cvs
Attachments: screen shot of assertion failure

I have a problem with description formatting. It's not possible to
make longer description. How long the description must be depends on
other descriptions. So adding a description longer than some size
invokes assertion in xstring file in the Visual Studio distribution.

I tested this issue also with example "options_description.cpp".
I changed description at --help switch from

("help", "produce help message") //that is working for me

to the description on
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/program_options/overview.html#id2714805

("help", " A long help msg a long help msg a long help msg a long help
msg a long help msg a long help msg a long help msg a long help msg ")
//that failes

program_options-assertion.PNG