From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-22 08:48:32

Andreas Sæbjørnsen wrote:

> I do not know why you were not able to reproduce the error as
> I reproduced it on two different machines using two different
> boost installations. Using the attached source-file you
> should be able to reproduce the error. Both icc and g++
> compiles this file without error.
>
> If the behaviour in section 2.2.2 of the standard lead to
> Wave being unable to preprocess some C++ source-files that
> cpp and the EDG preprocessor will accept, what do you think
> about creating a feature for optionally turning this behaviour off?

I've induced a null byte into your sample and gcc complains about it as
well. So my guess is, that something else goes wrong. But since I still have
no luck in reproducing your original problem here on my Windows machine I'll
have to try it on a linux box, but will have the possibility for that next
week only.

Regards Hartmut