From: John Krajewski (johnnyk1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-23 09:23:11

For my app (a physics simulator), I need to find the order to process sets
of nodes in such a way that no node is processed before any node that it has
a directed edge to, and all strongly connected nodes are processed in a set
together (this is for determining the order to test stacked objects).

So basically, I want to detect all strongly connected components, then
create a directed graph from that and perform a topological sort. Then,
when I process that sorted list of strongly connected components, I'll need
to get the list of original nodes that are in each component.

My first inclination to solve this is to just create a second graph from the
output of the strongly_connected_components algorithm, and then
topological_sort that. But perhaps there is some clever way to avoid that
extra expense?

This will be my first use of BGL/boost so dumbing-down is encouraged :)
Thanks,
-John
gmail.com account: johnnyk1