From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-23 13:03:18

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:23:21 +1000, John Krajewski wrote
> I'm new to generic programming and finding the various concepts used
> in Boost quite confusing (named parameters, property maps, etc). Is
> there general documentation for the programming methods used in
> Boost? Perhaps a good book to buy?

Hmm, there's a few books on various aspects of Boost now, but I don't think
they are going to help in this case. Let's take these one by one:

named parameters -- This is a library that allows a developer to write a
function that instead of using positions, uses names to distinguish the
parameters. See:

http://www.boost.org/libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html

Proprety Map -- Also a library designed to hold a set of properties -- mostly
used in conjunction with Boost.Graph.

http://www.boost.org/libs/property_map/property_map.html

I think if you read the documentation for these libraries it will all be clearer.

HTH,

Jeff