From: Andrew Schweitzer (a.schweitzer.grps_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-24 18:50:33

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Fran?ois Duranleau wrote:
>>variables_map inherits from std::map as well (though it's not documented
>>as such).

>>The type of values iterated over are pairs of std::string and
>>boost::program_options::variable_value.
>

> I have no idea why BoostBook decided to hide that inheritance, but it was
> designed that way, so that you can iterate variables_map. I've added
> comment to that effect to varaibles_map class docs.
>
> - Volodya

Is there a way to extract the "original" string from variable_value? By
this I mean the one taken from command line or ini file before
conversion to int, float etc...? I suppose for vectors this would be
impossible - you would need a vector of "original" strings. But this
would at least cut the cases down. Is it possible to as a variable it
holds a single or multiple values?

Thanks,

Andy