From: Scott (cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-25 07:48:13

> #include "boost/date_time/local_time_adjustor.hpp"
> #include "boost/date_time/c_local_time_adjustor.hpp"
>
> ptime local_var
> =date_time::c_local_adjustor<ptime>::utc_to_local(utc_var);
>
> What do you mean by the file is in binary format?

Thanks for the help. What I mean is I would like to read/write the value of
the ptime in the most efficient way possible. So if the ptime is stored as
2 ints, I would like to (de)serialize 8 bytes (4 bytes each int).
Portability isn't an issue.

What I would rather *not* do is use something like to_iso_string(ptime) and
from_iso_string(ptime). The string representation is rather long. But if
that's the only way to do it, guess I'll have to make do.

Thanks,
Scott