From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-26 09:31:50

Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Hallo,
> I just released version 0.4 of bcbboost, a set of patches that enable
> use of the Boost 1.33.1 libraries with Borland's BCB2006. This release
> is the first to support the bcc32 5.8.2 compiler, which comes with Update2.

Hi Nicola,

Did you manage to get any of the ublas patches I sent you in to this
release (or do you know if any have been commited for 1.34.0)? We're
just starting to think about moving to 1.33.1 and then possibly from
BCB6 to BDS2006 but as we're now using ublas, it would be nice to not
have to modify the code ourselves.

Also, just as a side note: The change notes state that filesystem
builds as a DLL on windows but hasn't been tested. You should add a
warning that filesystem can't be used as dll on Windows (certainly on
Borland, but I don't believe it is just limited to borland) because the
way name checkers are passed around are as C function pointers, but when
you use it as a dll, you actually pass the address of the jmp
instruction (i.e. the function offset table for the loaded filesystem
dll) but inside the dll, filesystem checks against the actual name
checker instance and so even if you pass in filesystem::native, your
value for that differs from what the dll checks against internally, and
so all namechecking fails (and I think reverts to default).

Cheers

Russell