From: Rui Carvalho (rui.carvalho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-26 15:49:25

> From: Douglas Gregor [mailto:doug.gregor_at_[hidden]]
>
> On Apr 23, 2006, at 1:21 PM, Rui Carvalho wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to build graphviz so as to be able to use read_graphviz
> > in the
> > boost graph library.
> >
> > My understanding is that the make file in Boost
> > 1_33_1\boost_1_33_1\libs\graph\src is not yet ready for VC -but I
> > may be
> > missing something obvious here. Is there a simple way to compile the
> > graphviz library with VC?
>
> You should be able to build with "bjam" from libs/graph/build.

Hello,

Yes, this does work -thanks (although only for VC7.1, but not for VC8). I've
copied libbgl-viz.lib to C:\Boost\lib.

The problem is that I cannot compile the code below:

#include <boost/graph/graphviz.hpp>
using namespace boost;
int
main()
{
  GraphvizGraph g;
  read_graphviz("cc-internet.dot", g);
}

Vc tells me:
ErdosRenyi error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
boost::read_graphviz(class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> ...
ErdosRenyi fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I've added C:\Boost\include\boost-1_33_1 to the include files dirs and
C:\Boost\lib to the library files dirs in MS VC under Tools, Options,
Projects.

So I'm a bit confused -do I need to do anything else to be able to use
read_graphviz ?

Thanks,
Rui