From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-30 13:53:52

Joseph Hosteny wrote:
> Okay, it looks like pilot error. Swig was wrapping an object that was
> of an even more derived type, and calling the function on one of the
> intermediate classes. It was wrapped in the bowels of some of the
> autogenerated code, and I simply missed it.
>
> Everything is working now. I apologize for the unnecessary work.

Hmm ..., give your SWIG experience, you might want to help me out
with a problem I have with SWIG which I posted on he SWIG users list
last week. The problem has to do with passing a win32 handle between
C# and C++ wrapped by SWIG. I'm still having problems figuring out
SWIG typemaps.

FWIW - still recommend making a test program like the one I described
above.

When the project gets large and includes auto generated code
from several places (e.g. serialization and SWIG) there is amost no other
way
to find what happens if these things start to interact. Its only a very
tiny
effort in relation to the pain it will save you the first time it isolates a
bug.

Robert Ramey