From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 22:02:04

David Abrahams wrote:
> Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> To give you an idea of the applications of Fusion, Phoenix
>> (http://tinyurl.com/6crgp), Spirit-2(http://spirit.sf.net/)
>> xpressive(to be released with Boost very soon now) use Fusion
>> in various degrees in its foundations.
>
> Joel, I think showing the zip_iterator example I've been using would
> be very instructive, if not entirely representative of the library's
> full power: http://tinyurl.com/mrgub
>
> You could also link to these diffs to show how much simpler
> zip_iterator gets when we use fusion: http://tinyurl.com/qslyu
>
> I'll send you a slide set that you could use for inspiration if you like.

Oh man, that would be awesome! Please! To be honest, I've been
squeezing my brains inside out on an example like this to present.
I thought about the properties code, event handling, etc., but
all those are either not straight forward enough to be digested
in one sitting or do not quite touch on the importance of the
algorithms. Something like xpressive's "proto" library might
have been a good candidate, but expression templates still seem
to be too esoteric for general consumption.

With materials like that and the slides you mention, I could
write a motivational example in no time. Thank you!

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com