From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-03 01:09:47

Jan Stetka(e)k dio:
> Hello,
>
> The compiler knows about shmem::list as it is declared in shmem_fwd.hpp
> which is included in containers\map.hpp. shmem::list is NOT used in
> map.hpp. It would be possible to just forward declare those classes
> that are needed. Such a fine grained approach would make it easier to
> use shmem and stl side by side.

That won't solve the problem if you use "using namespace boost::shmem"
and "using namespace std" because although you don't include containers
directly, the library might use some containers internally (for example,
map) and you can get ambiguous symbols. I suggest using a namespace
alias if you find "boost::shmem::container" too long, but if you try to
push all std names and boost::shmem names to the global namespace you
will surely have problems. This is likely to happen also with other
boost libraries that mimic STL algorithms.

Regards,

Ion