From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-08 21:29:35

"Ed Johnson" <ed_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>> I want to be able to test private members of my classes while using the
>>> Auto Test framework. I won't test private data that often, so it's not
>>> that big a deal to use the BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE for those occasions.
>>
>> Let me repeat. *BOOST_FIXTURE_TEST_CASE is a macro*. Declaring it as a
>> friend doesn't help you in any way.
>>
>> Gennadiy
>
> I'm comfortable with the fact that BOOST_FIXTURE_TEST_CASE will not work
> with friend.
>
> However, isn't BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE also a macro? We both agreed in
> this thread that BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE worked as a friend function, right?

No. We did not. BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE is a macro also. And whatever you do
defining macro as a friend wont help you. I am bit confused that I need to
explain this. What do you expect to achieve by defining macro as a friend?
It's just invalid C++. (Well not exactly, but that is definitely not what
you expect it to be)

Gennadiy