From: Lucio Flores (dogboy_l_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-09 01:39:05

--- David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Lucio Flores <dogboy_l_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I posted this question a few months ago, but I got pulled away to deal with
> > more pressing work issues. So here it goes again:
> >
> > I'm trying to use lambda expressions to implement 'twice'. So I came up
> with
> >

> > typedef mpl::apply<_1, mpl::apply<_1, _2> > lambda_type;
> >
> > typedef lambda_type<boost::add_pointer<_1>, int> result_type;
>
> Surely that doesn't compile(?) lambda_type is a type; you can't follow
> it with a template argument list.

You're right! .... But it did compile.... So what's the correct usage? Would
it be:

typedef mpl::apply< lambda_type, boost::add_pointer<_1>, int>::type
result_type;

???

Manson: My philosophy is: Don't think. I don't believe in the mind that you think with and scheme with. I don't believe in words.

Reporter: If you don't believe in words, why do you use so many of them?

Manson: Words are symbols. All I'm doing is jumbling the symbols in your brain. Everything is symbolic. Symbols are just connections in your brain. Even your body is a symbol.