From: paul.floyd (paul.floyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 03:54:46

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use boost with Solaris 5.2 compiler. I am
getting a compiler
> error as a result of the macor BOOST_AUX_NTTP_DECL not being
defined
> anywhere. I would appreciate it very much if anyone could
point me how I can
> get past this stage.

You won't get very far with Forte 6 update 1 (it is old, and
no longer supported). I would suggest that you get either
Studio 10 (available for free via opensolaris.org) or Studio
11 (available for free from Sun). At least, if you can't
switch to either of those versions of Sun Studio, I'd consider
trying to get Forte 6 update 2. This is a bit less old, and
was supported up till about 6 months ago, and it should work
OK with the same licence as Forte 6u1. However, it's still too
old to compile fairly major chunks of Boost.

Next take a look at http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/sga

This should get you much closer to being able to use most of
Boost.

A+
Paul