From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 12:46:49

--- Sohail Somani wrote:
> Hi,

Hello, Sohail

> I am quite interested in MPL/Fusion. I have made my
> own toy projects using template metaprogramming to
> make decisions at compile time.

Cool. I haven't tried Fusion yet, but as for MPL...

> I am interested in learning what types of software
> boost users create with it.

Some other Boost libraries make significant use of
MPL, such as the recently accepted Boost Statechart
Library.

You could also browse through the Boost Vault
<http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/> and look
inside the Template Metaprogramming folder. Peder
Holt and I are the authors of MPL.Math, which will
someday be included with Boost whenever:

* I build the documentation.
* Compile-time big-integral and fraction constants
improve in performance enough to become usable for a
large majority of programmers.
* I typeof-register the MPL.Math components in a
satisfactory manner.

Your next stop should be the User Mail Archives
<http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/>; look up the
"Who's Using Boost" thread(s) back in 2005 and maybe
you'll find other applications that use MPL/Fusion.
To start you off, I maintain my own project at
<http://msmazes.sourceforge.net/>, which uses MPL to a
lesser extent. But it illustrates that MPL has a wide
variety of uses.

                              Cromwell D. Enage