From: Ian McCulloch (ianmcc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-17 21:26:25

Hi,

Following the example from program_options/overview.html, I tried

positional_options_description pd;
pd.add("output-file", 2).add_optional("input-file", -1);

This doesn't work: positional_options_description::add() returns 'void', and
add_optional() is probably a typo for add() ?

Currently, the only way to get this to work seems to be

positional_options_description pd;
pd.add("output-file", 2);
pd.add("input-file", -1);

But following the style of the rest of the library, I expect it was intended
that positional_options_description::add() would return a reference to
*this ?

Using boost 1.33.1, the CVS version of positional_options.hpp is unchanged.

Cheers,
Ian McCulloch