From: HeroreV (herorev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-18 23:44:56

The documentation at boost.org is quite confusing. I just spent way too
much time trying to figure out how to get a ptr_vector to let go of
anything without destroying it or giving control to another ptr_vector.

The page at http://boost.org/libs/ptr_container/doc/ptr_vector.html
doesn't say a single word about release(). The page also makes
ptr_vector appear to only inherit from ptr_sequence_adapter which also
mentions nothing about release().

It wasn't until I went to the examples page at
http://boost.org/libs/ptr_container/doc/examples.html that I saw
anything about release(), and even then it was barely passed over so it
took a few minutes more of guessing to get things working.

Is there a good reference list that shows all member functions of the
various boost classes? Or any advice on how I'm supposed to use the
documentation? I really don't know how I'm supposed to learn boost when
key features aren't mentioned, unless users are expected to go through
all the source to ever learn anything.

- HeroreV