From: james.jones_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-05-22 09:27:18

From: Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]>
> A cheap method, that I've used, is to hook up a radio to your audio card
> and record a frequency which is sufficiently far away from real radio
> traffic. With some post processing, to clean up and to ensure crypto
> safe entropy levels, it works very well and gives gigs of entropy data
> quickly.

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, wouldn't that make the frequency basically the crypto key that would need to be protected? If a potential attacker knew the frequency, he could broadcast a low-entropy signal on it, causing your previously-random seeds to become nonrandom and ruining your crypto.

-
James Jones Administrative Data Mgmt.
Webmaster 375 Raritan Center Pkwy, Suite A
Data Architect Edison, NJ 08837