From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-24 08:15:09

Hi Andreas,

> This is a different error from the one previously reported.
> Using the 'samples/cpp_tokens'
> example preprocessor with the input file:
> #define __glibcpp_function_requires(...) give the
> following error message
> test.C(1): error: ill formed #define directive:
> __glibcpp_function_requires
>
> This error was found when preprocessing the file:
> #include <algorithm>
> where the implementation of algorithm is from gcc. The error
> from the custom preprocessor is:
> PATH_TO_GCC_STL_IMPLEMENTATION/bits/concept_check.h(52):
> error: ill formed #define directive:
> __glibcpp_function_requires It is important for us to be able
> to preprocess this header file since we aim for gcc
> compatibility. Is this standard preprocessor syntax?
> Could Wave support this syntax?

This one is not a bug. Variadics and placeholders are not part of the C++98
Standard (only C99). But you can enable this in Wave by specifying the
--variadics command line argument (at least for the wave driver tool). To
enable this in cpp_tokens you need to add the following line around line
cpp_tokene.cpp:+93: