From: Steven Wooding (steve.apo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-24 11:28:50

Hi again,

I got some more info on the behaviour I'm seeing.

Within the locked critical region I do a timed wait on a condition variable.
The mutex falls to unlock only if the timed wait on the condition variable
timed out. If the condition is met, then the mutex unlocks when it goes out
of scope.

Maybe the shmem library is using a single flag for the status of a mutex and
condition variable (seems unlikely though).

Thanks,

Steve.