From: dvir schirman (dvir.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-06 04:10:38

Hi

I am using boost/random library in order to create a normal distributed
noise.
I want to call my my_class::noise() functions several times, but I want to
initialize the generator only once.
I tried to declare and initialize the generator at the constructor of
my_class, but then my_class::noise() doesn't recognized the generator.
I wrote it the following way:

my_class::my_class()
{

boost::mt19937 gen(42u);

}

my_class::noise()

{

boost::normal_distribution<float> n_d(5, 10); //n_d(mean,stdev)

boost::variate_generator<boost::mt19937&, boost::normal_distribution<float>
> normal(gen, n_d);

return normal();

}

I guess I need to declare the generator at the header, and only initialize
it at the constructor, but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks for your help.
Dvir